About Facebook Groups
Groups are a place to discuss common interests with certain people. You can create groups for everything from family reunions, after-work sports teams or even your book club.
- Create a group.
- Join the groups that interest you.
- Adjust group privacy options depending on who you want to be able to join and view groups.
If you are a group admin, learn more about managing and developing your community.
How do you create a Facebook group?
To create a group:
- Click Create at the top right of Facebook and select Group.
- Enter a group name, add group members, then choose privacy options for your group.
- Click Create.
After creating a group, you can personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description.
Note: We recommend that group admins share all commercial or business affiliates in their groups, as well as provide updates to the group if there are changes to affiliation. You can update a group by changing its description and making announcements.
How do I join a Facebook group as myself or as my Page?
To join a group as your personal profile or Page:
- From Home News, click Groups on the left menu.
- In the top search bar, enter several keywords for the group you are looking for.
- Select the group, then click + Join Group under the cover photo.
- Choose whether you want to join as your personal profile or Page and click Join Group.
Depending on group settings, you might have to wait for the group admin to approve your request. The secret group will not appear in search results, and active members in the group must invite you. When you join a group, other people might be able to see that you are a member of the group, depending on the group’s privacy options.
If you join a group as a Page, remember that:
- Group admins may not allow Pages to join their groups.
- Pages can only ask to join a group and cannot be invited to join a group.
- If you have joined a group as a profile and want to join the group as a Page, you can change the way you interact.
- Only the page admin can request to join the group.
What are the privacy options for Facebook groups?
There are two privacy options for Facebook groups: public and private.
If you are a member of a group, you can learn more about how to check the group’s privacy level and whether the group can be seen in search and other places on Facebook.
If you are a group admin, you can learn more about how to change the group’s privacy level and manage whether people who are not members of the group can find your group in searches and other places on Facebook.
|Who can see the posts, comments, and content shared by members in the group?
|Who can see the list of members in the group?
|Orang di Facebook
|Anggota Saat Ini
|Siapa yang bisa melihat admin dan moderator?
|People on Facebook
|People on Facebook
- Invited members are group members who can see the group in preview mode.
- When a page joins a group, it may have several admins. All admins can see and interact in posts and with members of that group.
- If the group admin has added a third-party application, the application has access to the posts and comments in the group. Third-party applications cannot access who wrote the posts and comments, unless the application has been given permission by the author.
- Certain rights owners may be able to look for group buying and selling posts to prevent abuse of intellectual property rights on Facebook.
- For the college community, only community members can view other members and posts. Only college community members can join community groups. For open groups within the community college, anyone in the community can see who the group’s members are and their posts.