It has been around 10 years since Instagram was first introduced as a special social media application for sharing photos and videos. Instagram has succeeded in becoming a popular social media application to date.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, Instagram provides an “Easter Egg” to its users by giving the option of changing the application icon on a mobile device to a classic icon that was presented before finally turning into a neon colored icon with red-purple gradations as we know it.
🤫📲👉⚙️👀⬇️⬇️⬇️🥳🎁— Instagram (@instagram) October 6, 2020
Here’s how to change the Instagram icon directly from the application:
- Update the Instagram application to the latest version
- Go to profile, open settings
- Scroll to the top right then find the arrow
- Keep scrolling until a row of emojis appears
- After scrolling, a row of dozens of Instagram icons will appear
- Select the icon as desired, and the icon will change automatically.
As additional information, it seems that not all Instagram users have the Easter Egg, but this feature will be available to all users in the near future.
Unfortunately, this icon change is only valid for approximately one month until Instagram deactivates this function and returns to the usual icon.