Objectives: As a Brocade Certified vRouter Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot features of Brocade Vyatta Network OS.
Target: This course is for anyone tasked with configuring or managing the Brocade Vyatta vRouter. This course also for those who are preparing to take the BCVRE Certification Exam.
Course prerequisites: Before taking these bundled courses, students should have basic IT networking experience, including working knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Routing Tables
- Static Routes
- Static Default Routes
- Floating Static Routes
IP Routing Basic
What Is Routing?
To route, a router needs to do the following:
- Know the destination address
- Identify the sources it can learn from
- Discover possible routes
- Select the best route
- Maintain and verify routing information
What Is Routing?
Routers must learn destinations that are not directly connected.
IP Routing Process
If the destination is local, send directly:
- Find the destination host’s MAC address. Use the already-known Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) table entry, or use ARP messages to learn the information.
- Encapsulate the IP packet in a data link frame, with the destination data link address of the destination host.
If the destination is not local, send to the default gateway:
- Find the default gateway’s MAC address. Use the already-known ARP table entry, or use ARP messages to learn the information.
- Encapsulate the IP packet in a data link frame, with the destination data link address of the default gateway.
An Example of IP Routing
IPv4 Network Used to Show Five-Step Routing Example:
Identifying Static and Dynamic Routes
Uses a route that a network administrator enters into the routermanually.
Uses a route that a network routing protocol adjusts automatically for topology or traffic changes.
A router uses its routing table to determine the next hop for the packet’s destination and forwards the packet. The next router repeats this process using its own routing table until the packet reaches its destination.
Static routing has the following benefits
- There is no overhead on the router CPU.
- There is no bandwidth usage between routers.
- It adds security because the administrator can choose to allow routing access to certain networks only.
Static routing has the following disadvantages
- The administrator must really understand the internetwork and how each router is connected in order to configure routes correctly.
- If a network is added to the internetwork, the administrator has to add a route to it on all routers—by hand.
- It’s not feasible in large networks because maintaining it would be a full-time job in itself.
Static Route Configuration
Verify Static Route
Static Default Routes
A default route is a routing table entry used to route packets when an explicit route to a destination network is not in the routing table.
It is the network route used by a router when no other known route exists for a given IP packet’s destination address.
It is last in the order of execution of the routing table.
Static Default Route Configuration
Verify Static Default Route
Floating Static Routes
Floating static routes are unused static routes in the routing table.
They are typically used to provide backup for dynamic routing protocols, and are configured to have a higher administrative distance than the dynamic protocol.
Administrative distance measures the priority, or believability, of a routing protocol.
- The lower the administrative distance, the higher priority a given routing entry has.
- By default, static routes have a very high priority
Default administrative distances
Floating Static Route Configuration
The End of The Word
That’s information “Supporting BCVRE Study Guide Chapter 5 Routing” who can admin infosolution.biz convey. Hope it is useful.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to click on the bell on the bottom right to get our updated information. And follow along too fans page facebook , chanel youtube and we instagram. Apart from that, we also have a collection of source code at GitHub. Thank you